Thursday, January 29, 2009

So much spare time!

...and where does it all go? Things here are going well. It's not fun looking for a job in the middle of an economic downturn, and I can't wait for class to start so I feel a bit more direction in life. Right now I'm just floundering around applying for any and all jobs during the day and watching back-episodes of South Park while crocheting in the evenings, ha. What a life.

I've taken up yoga at the gym I joined recently and it's been incredible to allow myself to feel the power culminating in my soul and radiating from all parts of me. Sometimes I feel my spirit and energy could burst through the physical boundaries of bones and muscle like a supernova; courage like I've never felt about myself, my essence, alone. It's always been courage for achieving some sort of task or overcoming an obstacle, physical or otherwise. But with yoga, it's unending steadiness, peace, power, courage that resides in my essence-- that's always there and always has been there. It's been incredibly balancing and empowering to me. And I've learned that my body is uniquely mine, and it is capable; it's just about learning how to release the body from confines created by a limited mind. It's becoming a becoming of me into myself and being in touch with my body in a positive way. There are parts of my body with which I don't completely identify, but I'm discovering its power. That wasn't completely articulate, but whatever. Anyway.

Here's some stuff I've been working on over the past month:



3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful life, by the looks of it! Although it'd be nice if you were closer, and not only because I'd like to learn to crochet. Good luck on the job front, and I can't wait to see you again - Queer Conference, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh liz liz liz!!!!! How I miss your soul being near me! I am so encouraged by your post...I love the yoga and knitting combo! Two things I adore and feel so much the same! Wish I would've had more time with you but maybe more in the future! Lots of love to you and your Kelly!
    this Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! blind contour!! and oh, gee, you have another blog that i didn't know about!?!?

    ReplyDelete