Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Stuff and Things, Things and Stuff.

A thought from a new favorite author (or two... or three...)

"The quality of lift is in proportion, always, to the capacity for delight. The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention." -Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way

"Capacity for survival may be the ability to be changed by the environment." -Robyn Davidson, Tracks

Any thing or anyone that doesn't bring you alive is too small for you." -David Whyte


And a random gathering of words I found in my moleskine from back in October (ironically this was written on what would have been Kelly and my 2 year anniversary):

show
up
allow
open
or
break down the door
feel
allow
love to lift
to seep in
under cracks beneath
floorboards through
rusted pipes
crumbled brick
allow
seek
reveal
try
show
up
say
yes
feel
...


I've been drawing and doodling a lot more lately and if I could find my camera cord I'd love to share. I'm practicing just showing up at the page and not being terrified into a stunted state of creativity by perfectionism. It's been brilliant and so incredible-- not necessarily what I'm producing, but rather how I feel about it. I'm starting to re-read some of my old work and would love to resurrect some pieces here and there and post them, too! Soon my friends, soon.

In the meantime, things in life are starting to fall into place for me. Call it synchronicity, answered prayer, the Asheville curse swinging in favor of me, etc. Whatever it is, I find myself in gratitude. I'm going to be starting a "real" job back out in the woods in January, meaning: a livable wage (!!!), insurance (after a year without it, woohoo!), insightful people, and the means to find a place to call my own (soon, hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment